Adhesives, Sealants and Coatings for Transportation Applications
Master Bond offers an extensive product line for use in various transportation industries. Grades are designed to offer various mechanical, thermal and electrical properties that are essential for transportation applications. Master Bond’s compounds are utilized in the railway, aerospace, agriculture and construction machinery, automotive and marine industries.
Typical Applications Include:
- Gasketing and sealing
- High performance structural bonding
- Potting and encapsulation
- Porosity sealing
- Composite assembly
- Seam sealing
Properties of Master Bond Systems for Transportation Applications
Examples of performance properties pertinent to applications in the transportation industry include:
- Abrasion and wear resistance
- Resistance to shock, vibration and impact
- Compliance with UL 94V-0 flame retardant specifications
- NASA low outgassing approval
- Chemical resistance
- High/low temperature serviceability
Most Popular Transportation Adhesive/Sealant Systems
- Supreme 10HT
- One part, heat cured (250-300°F) epoxy system. High lap shear and peel strength. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications. High/low temperature serviceability. Toughened system offers superior resistance to vibration, shock, impact and thermal cycling.
- Supreme 33CLV
- Room temperature curable and high temperature resistance up to 450°F, this epoxy exhibits superior adhesion to dissimilar substrates. High peel and shear strength. Withstands vibration, shock, impact and thermal cycling.
- Two part epoxy with a convenient one to one mix ratio. Featuring high peel strength, it has excellent shock and vibration resistance and is serviceable from -100°F to 350°F.
- Supreme 11AOHT
- Thermally conductive, electrically insulative epoxy adhesive. High peel and shear strength properties. Resists up to +400ºF. Non-drip system.