Master Bond's Aerospace Products
Master Bond is at the forefront of developing specialty adhesive formulations to meet the stringent specifications of the aerospace industry. Our wide range of products consists of epoxies, polyurethanes, silicones, polysulfides offered in both one and two component systems.
Technologically advanced paste, liquid, film adhesive/sealant systems have met challenging design standards that facilitate improved performance, durability, weight savings, fuel efficiency for commercial/business aircraft, rotocraft, satellite and UAV’s. Through extensive research and development Master Bond has formulated products that optimize processing efficiency, meet FST requirements for flame, smoke and toxic emission. High strength systems feature protection against extreme temperatures, corrosion, abrasion, noise, vibration, creep, fatigue, humidity/chemicals.
Certifications of Compliance for Aerospace Applications
A selection of Master Bond grades are formulated to meet industry certifications of compliance such as NASA low outgassing, Federal Aviation Regulations 25.853(a) for flame retardancy, and Boeing standards for low smoke and toxicity.
Specific Aerospace Applications Using Master Bond Adhesive Systems
Master Bond adhesives are used in numerous segments of the aerospace industry including:
Convenient , user friendly packaging options such as one/two component cartridges, tubes, flexipaks ensure reliability, reduce cycle times for MRO usage. This includes metal/honeycomb/composite bonding, filling/fairing surface irregularities and sealing fluid leakage.
Master Bond is a member of the Society for the Advancement of Material & Process Engineering.
Some of Our Most Popular Aerospace Adhesives, Sealants and Coatings
- Supreme 33CLV
- Room temperature curable and high temperature resistant up to +450°F. Exhibits superior adhesion to dissimilar substrates. Features high peel and shear strength properties. Often applied as a sealant. Withstands vibration, shock, impact and thermal cycling.
- Two part, room temperature curing, flexibilized epoxy system. Easy to apply with low viscosity. Excellent dampening properties and a convenient one to one mix ratio. Often applied for acoustic insulation.
- Supreme 10HT
- One part, heat cured (250-300°F) epoxy system. High lap shear and peel strength. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications. Cryogenic serviceability. Toughened system offers superior resistance to vibration, shock, impact and thermal cycling.
- Two part, room temperature curable epoxy system with high thermal conductivity. Serviceable from cryogenic temperatures up to +400°F. Electrically isolating. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications. Halogen free.
- Supreme 10HTS
- Silver filled system with excellent electrical conductivity and high physical strength properties. One part, heat cured (250-300°F) epoxy. Wide range of serviceability from cryogenic temperatures up to +400°F. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications. Can be applied without sagging or dripping, even on vertical surfaces.
- Two part, room temperature curing epoxy system. Easy to handle. For bonding, potting, sealing and coating. Unsurpassed resistance to a wide range of different solvents.
- Two part, fast setting (3-5 minutes in 10-20 gram masses), room temperature curable epoxy that resists temperatures up to +400°F. Glass transition temperature over 125°C. NASA low outgassing approved. Often used for repair and maintenance.
- Two part epoxy system with ultra low viscosity and remarkable cryogenic properties. Withstands rapid drop in temperature and is NASA low outgassing approved.