Polymer Materials for the Petrochemical Industry
High performance adhesives, sealants and coatings offer petrochemical manufacturing companies cost effective solutions for demanding application needs. These compounds exhibit exceptional corrosive resistant properties and thermal stability. Specific grades feature:
- Superior abrasion resistance
- High dimensional stability
- Outstanding adhesion to steel, aluminum alloys, copper and other metals
- Gap filling capabilities
- Fast, room temperature cures
- Good flowability
Applications for Master Bond Polymer Systems Within the Chemical Processing Industry
- Heat exchangers
Most Popular Polymer Systems for the Petrochemical Industry
- Durable, two component epoxy adhesive/sealant/coating. Can successfully withstand immersion for more than a year in 36% hydrochloric acid and 96-98% sulfuric acid. Cures at room temperature. Features high bond strength.
- Very low viscosity, two part, optically clear epoxy system. Withstands exposure to cryogenic shock. High bond strength. NASA approved for low outgassing. Requires a minimum temperature of 135-150°F for curing.
- Two component polysulfide/epoxy adhesive/sealant. Cures at room temperature. Non-sagging, non-drip system. Exceptional toughness and chemical resistance properties.
- Two part, water and steam resistant epoxy cures at 80-100°C and withstands autoclaving. Excellent chemical and electrical insulation properties. Features a long working life.