Conformal coatings are essential for enhancing the reliability and long-term performance of electronic assemblies. They provide superior protection against:
- Mechanical stress
- Shock and vibration
Properties of Conformal Coatings
Master Bond conformal coatings include very fast, one part UV curing formulations, one and two part epoxies, one and two part silicones and a unique cost effective latex system. Specific grades offer:
- Low viscosity
- Wide temperature resistance
- Rapid cures
- High dielectric strength
- Low stress
For intricate parts with shadowed out areas we also offer special “dual cure” coatings, which cure with both UV light and the addition of heat. Other special compounds are:
- Optically clear
- Cryogenically serviceable
- Ultra low in viscosity
Environmentally friendly, Master Bond conformal coatings are 100% reactive and contain no solvents or diluents.
Most Popular Conformal Coating Compounds
- Two part epoxy with low viscosity and good physical strength properties. Cures rigid. Optically clear. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications.
- Easily processable, two part epoxy with excellent chemical resistance, particularly to solvents. Available in black.
- MasterSil 773
- Easy to process, ultra low viscosity, one part, no mix, very soft silicone material. Excellent moisture resistance.
- Low viscosity, two part epoxy with outstanding chemical resistance. Withstands autoclaving. Passes USP Class VI biocompatibility tests.
- Two part epoxy with superb toughness. Allows for parts to be retrieved, but still offers outstanding environmental protection.
- Dual cure, low viscosity, rigid curing system. Offers excellent environmental protection. Cures by UV light and by heat at 125°C in shadowed out areas.