You are here
Reworkable Polymer Systems
Master Bond offers unique adhesive systems for temporary bonding that can be easily removed without surface contamination. These outstanding systems have gained wide acceptance and are presently employed in the electronic, electrical, optical and metalworking industries.
Applications Featuring Master Bond Reworkable Adhesives
Master Bond’s highly regarded reworkable systems are used throughout a variety of industries. Some common applications utilizing our reworkable adhesive materials include:
- Bonding of substrates exhibiting differing CTEs
- Underfill encapsulants in the electronic packaging areas
- Ceramic substrate attachments inside hermetically sealed packages
- Wafer bonding and wafer thinning
- Bonding of integrated, rigid and flexible circuits
Most Popular Reworkable Adhesive Systems
- A flexible epoxy/urethane blend, used for potting and encapsulation applications. Material is abrasion resistant and easily repairable.
- MasterSil 151
- Two part, room temperature curing, optically clear, low viscosity silicone system. Features a wide service temperature range of -65°F to +400°F. Generally used for potting and encapsulation applications. Excellent reworkability.
- MasterSil 705TC
- Thermally conductive, electrically isolating. One part silicone system. Excellent flexibility. Paste viscosity. Resists up to 400°F (204°C).
- Environmentally safe, water soluble, one part system. Thermal stability up to +1,500°F. Outstanding strength, dimensional stability and electrical insulation properties. Completely odorless, non-toxic and non-flammable. Cures obtained at moderately elevated temperatures.
- One component, low viscosity system. Easily removable upon exposure to most conventional solvents such as acetone and MEK. Cures rapidly upon exposure to UV light at room temperature. Withstands vibration, shock and thermal cycling. Service operating temperature range of -60°F to +250°F.