Structural Adhesives for the Aerospace Industry
One and two component epoxy compounds have been developed for aerospace bonding, potting, filling and repair applications. These high performance compositions are available for use in low and high viscosities. Specific grades meet NASA low outgassing specifications and comply with UL 94V-0 flame retardancy requirements.
Benefits of Structural Toughened Paste Adhesives for Aerospace Applications
- High bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates including composites, aluminum, stainless steel and titanium
- Resistance to cyclic fatigue
- High peel strength
- Superior durability and toughness
- Exceptional compressive strength
- Fast set systems
- Custom packaging
- High glass transition temperatures
- Automatable application
Master Bond offers specialized packaging for aerospace applications, including premeasured kits and convenient gun applicators.
Most Popular Toughened Structural Adhesives
- Two component, toughened epoxy adhesive. High peel strength and shock resistant. Cryogenically serviceable. NASA low outgassing certified. Convenient one to one mix ratio.
- One part, no mix thermally conductive/electrically insulative epoxy adhesive. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications and is cryogenically serviceable. High shear and peel strength properties. Resists up to 400°F. Withstands exposure to vibration, impact and shock.
- Toughened, two component epoxy system for prolonged service above 500°F. High bond strength to metallic and non-metallic surfaces. Excellent dimensional stability and chemical resistance.
- Highly flexibilized, thermally conductive/electrically insulative epoxy adhesive. High elongation. Cures at room temperature. Exhibits superior shear and peel strength properties. Serviceable from 4K to 250°F. Withstands thermal cycling, thermal shock and mechanical shock.