Bonding, sealing, potting/encapsulation compounds provide protection against cracking, delamination, leaking, deformation, mechanical failure from rapid extreme temperature fluctuations. These epoxy, silicone products are designed to ensure that parts, components, devices will perform as necessary upon exposure to severe conditions. Examples include:
- Internal combustion engines
- Fluid handling devices
- High density electronic packaging
- Launch vehicles
- Aircraft components
They are formulated to feature high Tg and flexibility to absorb thermally induced stresses. Selecting the proper grade requires careful consideration of:
- Exact temperature gradients
- Frequency of cycles
- Length of time at each gradient
Thermal shock resistant potting/encapsulation compounds exhibit low viscosity, toughness, long working life and low exothermic properties. They offer high voltage insulation and guard delicate assemblies, heat generating devices and stress sensitive components. Heat dissipative systems are also available for use.
High strength one and two component adhesives systems have exceptional peel/shear strength and adhere well to dissimilar substrates with different coefficients of thermal expansion and contraction.
Most Popular Products
- Supreme 10HT
- One component NASA low outgassing approved epoxy adhesive. 100% reactive system. High peel/shear strength properties. Cures in 30-40 minutes at 300°F.
- Room temperature curing two component epoxy system. One to one mix ratio. High bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates. Adhesive spreads evenly and smoothly.
- MasterSil 151AO
- Low viscosity, two component silicone with elongation of 120-150%. Highly resistant to water. Superior thermal conductivity and electrical insulation properties. Can cure up to 1-2 inches.
- MasterSil 705TC
- Thermally conductive/electrically isolating one part non-corrosive silicone. Serviceable up to 400°F. Shore A hardnes >50. Paste viscosity.
- B-staged epoxy for potting, bonding and coating. Flexibilized and toughened. Volume resistivit >1014 ohm cm. "Unlimited" working life at room temperature. Available in 30 gram cookies.