Master Bond one and two component structural adhesives offer remarkable bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates. These compounds produce assemblies mechanically equivalent or stronger than conventional metal fastened parts at lower cost and weight. They also feature protection against corrosion and high/low temperature exposure.
Key Advantages of Master Bond Structural Adhesives
- Even distribution of stress over the entire bonded surface
- Improved load bearing capacity
- Insulator against galvanic corrosion in metal assemblies
- Enhanced structural appearance—protrusions and punctures eliminated
- Protective sealing against contamination by liquids and gases
- Weight reduction
- Resistance to cyclic fatigue
- High peel and shear strength properties
- Solvent free
- Lower cost and increased productivity
- High glass transition temperatures (Tg)
- Superior moisture and chemical resistance
- Gap filling
- Superior durability and toughness
Careful planning is the key to successful bonding. An engineer must consider several factors to maximize the performance of structural polymers including:
- Style of joint to be bonded
- Surface preparation
- Chemistry options
- Service capabilities of adhesive
- Curing requirements
Some of Our Most Popular Structural Adhesive Systems
- Supreme 10HT
- One component epoxy with high peel and shear strength properties. Serviceable from 4K to 400°F. Withstands severe thermal cycling, vibration, shock and impact. NASA low outgassing approved.
- Supreme 33CLV
- Toughened, two component epoxy cures at room temperature. Convenient one to one mix ratio by volume. Superior thermal stability and durability. Adhesive spreads evenly and smoothly.
- Room temperature curing epoxy adhesive resists mechanical shock and vibration. Excellent electrical insulation properties. High bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates.
- Snap cure, one component epoxy adhesive. Fully cures in 2-3 minutes at 250-300°F. Serviceable up to 400°F. Superior chemical resistance and electrical insulation properties. Can be cured up to 1/4 inch thick.
- Highly flexibilized, thermally conductive/electrically insulative epoxy adhesive. High elongation. Exhibits superior shear and peel strength properties. Serviceable from 4K to 250°F. Withstands thermal cycling, thermal shock and mechanical shock.