Master Bond has developed a line of specialty adhesives that have passed NASA low outgassing specifications and exceed the ASTM E595 test requirements. These products are successfully employed in applications ranging from disk drives and flat panel displays to advanced avionics and aerospace components.
Master Bond's low outgassing compounds demonstrate outstanding performance and select grades are serviceable over the exceptionally wide temperature range of 4K to +200°C. They are designed to prevent contamination that can reduce device functionality. Optical products can be clouded/fogged by outgassed chemical compounds. Electronic/semiconductor processing can be sensitive to outgassing materials. Vacuum processing can also be adversely affected by use of non compliant adhesives.
Performance Properties for Master Bond's Low Outgassing Adhesives
Master Bond’s line of high purity low outgassing systems meet stringent performance requirements for challenging applications. Among the most important features are:
- Electrical conductivity
- Thermal conductivity
- High and low temperature resistance
- Dimensional stability
- Low shrinkage
- Optical clarity
- Vacuum compatibility
Low Outgassing Systems
Most Popular Low Outgassing Epoxy and Silicone Systems
- Low viscosity, cryogenically serviceable epoxy with excellent physical properties for bonding and potting applications. Withstands cryogenic shocks. Superior electrical insulation properties. Optically clear.
- Thermally conductive, two component epoxy with paste consistency. Cryogenically serviceable. High temperature resistant for bonding and sealing applications. Halogen free. Cures at room temperature.
- Thermally conductive, low viscosity, easy to use, flexible curing epoxy system. Resistant to vibration, impact and shock. Ideal for potting and bonding applications.
- Superior physical properties, excellent optical transmission characteristics and outstanding chemical resistance profile. Low viscosity enables easy application.
- NASA low outgassing approved epoxy serviceable up to 450°F. Cures at ambient temperatures. Tensile strength >12,000 psi. Shore D hardnes >75. Superior dimensional stability.
- Optically clear, UV curable system. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications. Superior electrical insulative properties. High physical strength properties and superior chemical resistance. Easy to apply.
- MasterSil 971-LO
- Optically clear. Excellent flow properties. Convenient 3-4 hour working life. Shore A hardness 45-55. Convenient 1 to 1 mix ratio by weight. Elongation 100-150%. Young's modulus 400-600psi.