Electrically Insulative Adhesive Systems
Master Bond electrically insulative epoxies are formulated to meet your specific application requirements. Epoxies are “go to materials” when first rate electrical insulation values are needed. Our comprehensive line has a wide range of products with high dielectric strength, low dielectric constants, high volume resistivity and a low dissipation factor. The ultimate electrical insulation numbers depend upon the resin, hardener and, in certain cases, fillers in order to achieve the desired properties. Curing agents are particularly significant in this regard, with the major ones being aliphatic amines, polyamides, cycloaliphatic amines, aromatic amines, anhydrides, lewis acids and imidazoles. The electrical properties mentioned above, also apply to Master Bond’s silicones, UV curable and cyanoacrylates.
Common Applications for Electrically Insulative Polymer Systems
Our electrically insulative polymers can be used as sealants, coatings and potting/encapsulation compounds. They are excellent choices for ferrite bonding, SMD attach, potting PCBs, heating sinking, glob top over ICs, copper coil impregnation and flip chip underfills. They are employed in:
- Semiconductor assembly
- Medical electronics
- Optical/fiber optical devices
- Communication devices
- PCB assembly
Our Most Popular Electrically Insulative Compounds
- Thermally conductive, electrically insulative, two part, 1 to 1 mix ratio epoxy. Flows readily and smoothly. Low coefficient of thermal expansion. Long working life. Shore D hardness >80.
- Low viscosity, two part epoxy system featuring long open time at room temperature. Optically clear. Superior thermal stability and excellent insulation properties.
- MasterSil 711
- One component, moisture curing silicone. Self leveling and fast setting. Fast curing in thin layers. Service temperature range of -75°F to +400°F. Dielectric strength of 500 volts/mil, dielectric constant of 2.5 (KHz). Volume resistivity of 1014 ohm-cm.
- Low viscosity, two component epoxy has low exotherm and long working life. It is suitable for large castings and withstands exposure to many chemicals.
- Flexibilized epoxy system can withstand rigorous thermal cycling. Volume resistivity >1014 ohm cm. Dielectric constant 3.6 at 60 Hz. Exceptionally long working life.