A wide range of specialty formulations have been developed to provide superior corrosion protection for storage tanks, structural steel components, vessels, pipes, heat exchangers and steam boilers. These compounds feature convenient cure schedules and are available for use in many cost effective packaging options.
Optimize Productivity with Master Bond Adhesives
Products are 100% reactive and contain no solvents or diluents. High temperature resistant systems and erosion preventative/repair compounds optimize productivity. Downtime is reduced, safety enhanced and efficiency improved.
Room temperature curing systems have been developed for both internal and external surfaces. Technologically advanced formulations meet stringent standards and guard against premature deterioration of valuable equipment/structures. This has resulted in lower capital expenditures. Specific grades offer resistance to temperature fluctuations, high pressure, impact and sliding abrasion. Sprayable/hand applied compounds prolong maintenance free periods and in many cases eliminate the need for welding.
Adhesives for Downstream Applications
From pitting to stress corrosion cracking to caustic embrittlement to mechanical failures, oil refinery engineers are faced with a multitude of costly challenges. Proper monitoring/control procedures and utilization of high performance Master Bond epoxy, fluorosilicone, polyurethane, polysulfide repair/coating systems can make a significant impact in alleviating corrosion damage in downstream applications. These products can withstand immersion in many aggressive chemicals and have excellent adhesion to composite, metal surfaces such as carbon steel, low alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, nickel titanium. Key considerations in selecting the proper material are severity of environmental exposure, surface preparation required, geometry of the part, thickness needed, recostability and aesthetics.
Most Popular Polymer Compounds for Preventive Maintenance in Refineries
- Two component, ambient temperature curing system with excellent physical properties. Thermally stable. High compressive strength. Features extraordinary resistance to fuels, alcohols and organic solvents.
- Two part, water and steam resistant epoxy cures at 80-100°C and withstands autoclaving. Excellent chemical and electrical insulation properties. Features a long working life.
- Two part, room temperature curing polysulfide system. Excellent for bonding and sealing in fuel and oil environments. Can be applied without sagging or dripping.
- MasterSil 930
- Single component acetoxy type fluorosilicone system. Enhanced resistance to fuels, oils and solvents. Tack free time 20-30 minutes. Elongation 300-500%. Service temperature range -85°F to +450°F.
- Heat, chemical and steam resistant two component, room temperature curing epoxy system. Tensile strength >12,000 psi. Excellent electrical insulation and optical transmission properties. Shore D hardness >75.