Two Part Silicone Adhesives, Sealants and Coatings
Master Bond offers many two part silicone systems for use in the assembly of medical, electrical, electronic, optical and other devices. These products provide excellent resistance to vibration, shock, heat and corrosion.
Both addition (platinum catalyzed) and condensation (tin catalyzed) cured two part silicones are available in different sized units. Where cure inhibition is an issue, condensation cured silicones can be utilized.
Special Properties of Two Component Silicones
Two component silicones exhibit strong adhesion to glass, plastics, metals, rubbers and other substrates. Specific grades offer:
- Resistance to humidity and extreme temperatures
- Superior flexibility
- Electrical insulation
- Thermal conductivity
- Electrical conductivity
Certifications for Two Component Silicone Compounds
Many of Master Bond two part silicones are approved for use in various specialty applications and industries. Additionally, they meet the following certifications:
- USP Class VI for biocompatibility
- ISO 10993-5 for cytoxicity
Applications for Master Bond Two Part Silicone Adhesives
Master Bond two part silicone adhesives provide high performance and cost effective solutions for a wide range of application requirements. Some of the most common include:
- Heat sink attachment
- Board coating
- Potting modules
- Lid and housing seals
- LED assembly
- Bonding and sealing appliances
- Component attachment
Some Popular Two Part Silicone Products
- MasterSil 152
- Low viscosity, optically clear condensation curing system. Superb flexibility and electrical insulation properties. Long pot life. Will cure in sections >1 inch.
- MasterSil 151Med
- Medical grade, USP Class VI approved silicone. Addition type cure system. Optically clear and low outgassing. Offers ambient or elevated temperature cures, excellent for potting and encapsulation applications.
- MasterSil 153
- Two part silicone paste for bonding and sealing applications. Outstanding flexibility. Low exotherm and long pot life system. Self priming feature. Contains no solvents or diluents. Superior electrical insulation properties. Can cure in wide sections vertically and horizontally.
- MasterSil 151AO
- Thermally conductive silicone adhesive (thermal conductivity of 1.5 Watts/meter Kelvin) and electrically isolating. Low viscosity system bonds well to a wide variety of substrates.