Our line of products consists of epoxies, silicones, polyurethanes and UV curable systems. They are used in low, medium, high voltage applications and feature outstanding electrical insulation properties, superior adhesive strength, thermal stability and superb chemical resistance. Products provide reliable long term performance for microelectronic, electronic, electrical devices, components including:
- Power supplies
- Ignition coils
- Electronic modules
- Cable harness assemblies
Properties of Potting, Encapsulation and Casting Systems
From "under the hood" to photovoltaic junction box assembly LED packaging to marine modules to submersible pumps Master Bond potting, encapsulation, casting materials are impervious to hostile environmental conditions. They offer the following advantages:
- Enhanced thermal management properties
- Exceptionally low coefficients of thermal expansion
- Crack resistance
- Protection against corrosion
- Elevated temperature and cryogenic serviceability
- Withstand rigorous thermal cycling and shock
Specific grades are used for tamper proofing, infiltrating densely packed components, sealing tightly wound coils, underfills, for high voltage indoor/outdoor applications where arcing/tracking are a concern and high vacuum situations. Additionally Master Bond offers optically clear UV curable systems including dual cure (UV/heat curable) compounds for "shadowed out" areas that pass 1000 hours at 85°C/85% RH testing.
Special Potting, Encapsulation and Casting Formulations
Many of our compounds have been formulated to meet strict industry standards, including:
- UL 94V-0 for flame resistance
- NASA low outgassing
- USP Class VI for medical use
- FDA CFR 175.300 for food grade
Low viscosity, self leveling rigid, semi-rigid and flexible compositions eliminate gas entrapment and are ideal for high volume production applications. These solvent free 100% solid systems feature low shrinkage, outstanding dimensional stability, excellent mechanical properties and can be dispensed manually/automatically. They guard against abrasion, shock, vibration, impact, UV, fungus, moisture exposure including salt water immersion. Specific grades exhibit superior thermal dissipation characteristics and have high glass transition temperatures. Heat activiated systems can be cured at low temperatures and exhibit low exotherm even in various wide cross section thicknesses. Soft, low durometer, resilient compositions have excellent stress relief properties for fragile, sensitive components. All products are ROHS compliant.
Some of Our Most Popular Potting, Encapsulation & Casting Epoxy Systems
- Super Gel 9
- Two part, room temperature curing, epoxy gel compound for sealing and encapsulation. Optically clear, soft and dimensionally stable. Ideal for retrievability.
- Low viscosity, optically clear epoxy. Ideal for thermal cycling and sensitive components. Room temperature or low elevated temperature cure.
- Thermally conductive, electrically insulative B-stage toughened epoxy. One part system. Ideal for potting and encapsulation. Capable of withstanding rigorous thermal shocks. Serviceable from -100°F to +500°F. Available in 30 gram cookies.
- Flexible, low viscosity, thermally conductive epoxy. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications.
- Superb general purpose, room temperature curing epoxy potting material. Easy to use. Suitable for casting 1-2 inches high. Also available in a USP Class VI biocompatible version.
- High temperature resistant epoxy capable of resisting +450°F. Also available in a USP Class VI medical grade. Resists repeated autoclaving. For best results, cure at room temperature followed by 150-200°F.
- Two part epoxy that meets UL 94V-0 specifications. Used primarily for potting and encapsulation applications. Convenient one to one mix ratio. Cures at room temperature. Excellent resistance to fuels and lubricants.
- Potting compound offering low exotherm. Outstanding chemical resistance and electrical insulation properties. Cures at ambient temperatures or more quickly at elevated temperatures.
- Low exotherm potting/encapsulation compound. Heat curing two component thermal conductive/electrical insulative system. Can withstand cryogenic shocks. Superior electrical insulation properties. Good chemical resistance.