Designed to improve reliability, Master Bond’s line of epoxy underfill compositions offer excellent underfill to die passivation as well as outstanding adhesion to a variety of substrates. They improve mechanical support, lower strain on solder joints and provide superior protection from moisture.
Applications for Epoxy Underfill Encapsulants
- Flip chip devices
- Ball grid arrays
- Chip scale packaging
Advantages of Master Bond Underfill Systems
Both flowable and non-flow systems are available for use. Additionally, to improve efficiency of production snap cure and reworkable systems have been introduced. The key properties of theses systems include:
- High purity
- Low stress
- High adhesion
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE)
- Low outgassing
- High glass transition temperature (Tg)
- High Young’s modulus
- Moisture resistance
- Short cure cycle
- Structural stability
- Thermal cycling resistance
- Shock and vibration resistance
Our Most Popular Flip Chip Underfill Systems
- One part, oven cured epoxy system (125-150°C) for underfills, rapid curing. Good dimensional stability and very easy to use. Cures rigid. Excellent flowability. High bond strength and resists thermal cycling.
- Two part, room temperature curing system with good flow, excellent dimensional stability and strength properties. Cures rigid. Thermally conductive, electrically insulative.
- Two part, room temperature curing system for flip chip applications with excellent flexibility and low viscosity. Capillary underfill offers outstanding resistance to mechanical shock and vibration, moisture and ionic contaminants. Low stress system.