EP21FRNS-2 Product Description
Two Component, Flame Resistant, Epoxy System for Potting, Encapsulating and Casting. Features a Non-Halogen Filler and Produces Very Low Smoke Levels. Meets UL 94V.0 Flame Retardant Specification.
- Convenient mixing: one to one mix ratio by weight
- Good flow properties; ideal for electronic potting and encapsulation
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature cures or faster cures at elevated temperatures
- High bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Superior durability and thermal shock resistance; excellent resistance to fuels and lubricants
Master Bond EP21FRNS-2 is a two component, room temperature curing, flame retardant compound for potting, encapsulating and casting. Particularly noteworthy are its low smoke generation and that it contains a non-halogenated filler. It has a convenient one to one mix ratio by weight. EP21FRNS-2 offers exceptional durability, toughness and strength. It is remarkably resistant to thermal cycling and many chemicals including water, fuels, lubricants, acids, among others. As per the UL 94V.0 specification, this system is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -51°C to 90°C. It bonds well to metals, glass, ceramics and many plastics. To optimize its properties, the best cure schedule is overnight at room temperature followed by 2-3 hours at 150-200°F. Its electrical insulation properties are excellent. This compound is color coded for easy mixing; the color of Part A is black and the color of Part B is off white. This formulation is far more user friendly when compared to standard flame resistant epoxy systems. EP21FRNS-2 has wide applicability in the computer, aerospace and related industries.