Two component epoxy system for potting, encapsulating and casting
- Meets UL 94V-0 flame retardant specification
- Features a non-halogen filler
- Produces very low smoke levels
- Cures at room temperature
Master Bond EP21FRNS-2 is a two component, room temperature curing, flame retardant compound for potting, encapsulating and casting. Particularly noteworthy are its low smoke generation and that it contains a nonhalogenated filler. It has a convenient one to one mix ratio by weight. EP21FRNS-2 offers exceptional durability, toughness and strength. It is remarkably resistant to thermal cycling and many chemicals including water, fuels, lubricants, acids, among others. As per the UL 94V-0 specification, this system is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -51°C to +90°C. It bonds well to metals, glass, ceramics and many plastics. To optimize its properties, the best cure schedule is overnight at room temperature followed by 2-3 hours at 150-200°F. Its electrical insulation properties are excellent. This compound
is color coded for easy mixing; the color of Part A is black and the color of Part B is off white. This formulation is far more user friendly when compared to standard flame resistant epoxy systems. EP21FRNS-2 has wide applicability in the computer, aerospace and related industries.
- Convenient mixing: one to one mix ratio by weight
- Good flow properties; ideal for electronic potting and encapsulation
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature cures or faster cures at elevated temperatures
- High bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Superior durability and thermal shock resistance; excellent resistance to fuels and lubricants
EP21FRNS-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.