EP21SC-1 Product Description
Two Component Epoxy Resin System for Bonding, Coating and Sealing, Formulated for Outstanding Abrasion Resistance; Features High Shore D Hardness and Convenient One to One Mix Ratio.
Master Bond Polymer System EP21SC-1 is a two component epoxy system featuring truly exceptional abrasion resistance. This high performance compound utilizes silicon carbide as a filler material and can be used as a coating, adhesive or sealant. It has a convenient, non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. Also, the system has minimal shrinkage upon cure. Not only does EP21SC-1 offer superb abrasion resistance, it can also withstand exposure to chemicals including water, oils, hydraulic fluids, acids and bases over the wide temperature range of -60°F to 250°F. It has very good adhesion to treated metals, ceramics and many plastics. EP21SC-1 cures exceptionally rigid with a Shore D over 95. It has superior electrical insulation properties and its thermal expansion coefficient is desirably low. The color of Parts A and B is dark gray. EP21SC-1 is widely used in chemical and mechanical processing, maintenance and tank and chute applications, where excellent abrasion resistance is needed.
- Convenient mixing: non-critical one to one weight or volume mix ratio.
- Easy application: smooth paste consistency.
- Versatile cure schedules: convenient room temperature cures or faster elevated temperature cures.
- Truly exceptional abrasion resistance, tough, high strength coatings, liners and adhesive/sealants.
- High bond strength to a wide variety substrates.
- Low thermal expansion coefficient.