Two component epoxy system formulated for food applications
- Fully passes the rigorous FDA CFR 175.300 & 175.105 food grade testing requirements
- Used for bonding, sealing, coating, potting or casting
- Serviceable from -60°F to 450°F
- Toxicologically evaluated to meet NSF/ANSI 51.4.1 (2009 standard for food equipment)
Master Bond Polymer System EP42HT-2FG is a room temperature setting, two component epoxy adhesive, sealant and coating specially formulated for food applications. It has been independently tested and certified by one of the nation’s leading laboratories to meet the most stringent requirements of FDA CFR 175.300. It was additionally assessed and found to meet the toxicological requirements of the NSF/ANSI 51 (2009) Standard for Food Equipment Materials as defined in section 4.1.
EP42HT-2FG has wide applicability in the food industry. As an adhesive and sealant, it is well suited for bonding metals, plastics, rubbers and other substrates common to the manufacture of food service equipment. As a coating, it can be used on storage tanks, bins, hoppers and many other types of containment vessels. It also has superb electrical properties, outstanding flowability and is an excellent
system for potting and encapsulation. EP42HT-2FG has exceptional resistance to heat, boiling water, fats, oils and many other chemicals, as well as steam and radiation.
EP42HT-2FG has a mix ratio of 100 to 30 by weight. The color of Part A is clear and of Part B is amber. The recommended cure schedule is 3-4 hours at 150-200°F or, alternatively, overnight at room temperature followed by 2-3 hours at 150-200°F. The service temperature range of EP42HT-2FG is -60°F to +450°F. For the purposes of FDA CFR 175.300, testing was done at the temperatures specified in the test protocol.
Please note that while EP42HT-2FG has met or exceeded the FDA and NSF/ANSI standards listed above in laboratory testing, it is essential that the end-user consult with their own legal and technical experts, and perform their own testing as needed, to ensure the product will perform as expected under field service conditions. Full documentation of all testing protocols and results are available on request.
- Strong bonds to metals, plastics, rubbers and ceramics
- Excellent resistance to fats, oils, acids, alkalis and many solvents
- Resists high temperature boiling water, radiation, chemicals, steam and frozen storage conditions
- Contains no solvents or diluents
- Low viscosity and superb flowability
- Superior electrical insulation properties
EP42HT-2FG is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.