Two component epoxy resin system featuring excellent temperature and chemical resistance
- Convenient handling, long open time at room temperature
- Cures rapidly at moderately elevated temperatures
- Superb physical strength profile
- Reliable electrical insulation properties
Master Bond EP62-1 is a two component epoxy system that has an exceptionally long working life at ambient temperatures and cures rapidly at moderately elevated temperatures. It has a very forgiving 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight. The pot life of 100 grams is greater than 12 hours. Typical cure schedules range from 4-6 hours at 60-70°C, 20-40 minutes at 80-100°C or 10 minutes at 125°C. The cured epoxy resin exhibits remarkably high thermal stability with a glass transition temperature ranging from 160-165°C. Also noteworthy is its outstanding chemical resistance to acids, bases, many solvents and other chemicals, even at elevated temperatures (as listed in the table below). This system has excellent electrical insulation properties. The service temperature range is -60°F to +450°F The color of Part A is clear and Part B is dark brown in color. EP62-1 is a “go to” material for aerospace, electronic, optical, specialty OEM and related applications, particularly when high temperature resistance along with the ability to withstand aggressive chemicals is required.
- Easy to use, very forgiving 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight (will fully cure using 100 to 5 mix ratio)
- Impressively long working life
- First rate electrical insulation properties
- Protection from many aggressive chemicals
- Versatile curing schedules
- Contains no solvents
- Outstanding dimensional stability
EP62-1 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.