EP62-1Med Product Description
Two Component Epoxy Resin System Features a Very Long Pot Life at Ambient Temperatures Combined with Rapid Cures at Moderately Elevated Temperatures and Chemical and High Temperature Resistance.
Meets USP Class VI Requirements.
Master Bond EP62-1Med is a two component epoxy system that has an exceptionally long working life at ambient temperatures and cures rapidly at moderately elevated temperatures. It has a 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight. The pot life of 100 grams is greater than 12 hours. Typical cure schedules range from 4-6 hours at 60-70°C, 20-40 minutes at 80-100°C or 10 minutes at 125°C. The cured epoxy resin exhibits remarkably high thermal stability with a glass transition temperature exceeding 170°C. Most noteworthy, EP62-1Med meets USP Class VI specifications. As a consequence, it is widely used in medical devices that are exposed to repeated sterilizations, including autoclaving, chemical sterilants and radiation. Not surprisingly, it also offers outstanding chemical resistance to acids, bases and many solvents. This system has excellent electrical insulation properties. EP62-1Med is widely used in applications where a long open time and resistance to repeated aggressive sterilizations is required. The color of Part A is clear and Part B is dark brown in color. EP62-1Med is primarily used as an adhesive, sealant and coating.
- Easy to use, 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight.
- Exceptionally long working life.
- Meets USP Class VI specifications.
- Superior resistance to a wide variety of chemicals, even at high temperatures.
- Superb electrical insulation properties.
- Service temperature range of -60°F to +450°F.
- Contains no solvents.
- Versatile cure schedules at various elevated temperatures.
- Outstanding dimensional stability.