You are here
Adhesives for Bonding Ceramic Substrates
An extensive variety of one and two component adhesive systems are available to bond ceramic substrates. They offer high strength bonds in adhering ceramic to ceramic substrates and ceramic to dissimilar substrates. Specific grades feature high and low temperature serviceability, outstanding chemical resistance and fast cures.
Types of Adhesives for Bonding Ceramic Substrates
Master Bond adhesive systems offer different performance and processing properties to meet specific requirements. They are available in the following chemistries:
- UV cures
Frequently, ceramics are bonded to dissimilar substrates. When exposed to thermal cycling, the use of a flexible adhesive is often recommended. This type of compound will be better able to compensate for the different coefficients of expansion and contraction encountered during service.
Enhanced Performance Properties of Adhesives for Ceramic Substrates
- High peel strength
- Low outgassing
- Cryogenic serviceability
- Optical clarity
- High glass transition temperature (Tg)
- Low stress
- Solvent resistance
Most Popular Ceramic Bonding Products
- Two part, high performance, epoxy resin system. Long pot life at ambient temperatures and cures at moderately elevated temperatures. High thermal stability and exceptional chemical resistance properties.
- Supreme 11HT
- High peel and shear strength system. Convenient one to one mix ratio. Serviceable from -100°F to +400°F. Superior resistance to impact, thermal shock, vibration and stress fatigue cracking.
- Fast, one component heat curable adhesive. Serviceable from -60°F to +400°F. High shear strength properties. Shore D hardnes >70.
- Highly flexible, low viscosity, optically clear adhesive. Resistant to severe thermal cycling and thermal shock. Bonds well to dissimilar substrates. Low exotherm system. Long working life. Superior electrical insulation properties.