EP29LPSP Product Description
Two Component, Low Viscosity, Modified Heat Cured Epoxy System for Bonding, Sealing and Coating Formulated for Service at Cryogenic Temperatures and Capable of Withstanding Cryogenic Shock. Meets NASA Low Outgassing Requirements. Optically Clear.
Master Bond Polymer System EP29LPSP is a two component, high performance, modified low temperature heat cured epoxy system specially formulated for cryogenic applications. EP29LPSP is serviceable at temperatures as low as 4K as an adhesive, sealant and protective coating, but more importantly, it is able to withstand cryogenic shocks (i.e. room temperature down to liquid helium temperatures in a 5-10 minute time period). This optically clear, low viscosity epoxy bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, composites and many different plastics. The working life is long; a 100 gram mass will allow over 4-5 hours of working life. EP29LPSP has superior electrical insulation properties and a good chemical resistance profile. EP29LPSP requires gelling the mixed epoxy at room temperature, followed by alternative lower elevated temperature cure cycles (8-10 hrs @ 130(-150°F) or (5-7 hrs @ 175°F) or (3-5 hrs @ 200°F). EP29LPSP is widely used in applications requiring cryogenic service, optical clarity and NASA low outgassing properties.
- Exceptionally low mixed viscosity and low exotherm; contains no solvents or other volatiles.
- Serviceable at cryogenic temperatures down to 4K; can withstand cryogenic shocks.
- Long working life at ambient temperatures.
- Superior physical strength and electrical insulation properties; optically clear.
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates.
- Good chemical resistance to water, fuels, acids, bases and salts.
- NASA low outgassing approved.